Read about the information you send to us and what we will use it for.
1. Identity of the Data Controller and contact details
Rushmoor Borough Council is the data controller for the personal information you provide on this form. You can contact the Council by phone on 01252 398744, via email to email@example.com or by writing to us at Council Offices, Farnborough Road, Farnborough GU14 7JU. You can contact the Council's Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. What we need your information for and the legal basis for it
We need your consent for your personal information so that we can send you information about the council and our services by email.
3. Use for any other purposes
If we need to use your information for any other purpose, we will normally inform you before using it, unless we believe you know about the new purpose already or there are legal reasons that prevent us from telling you.
4. Will you pass my information to anyone else?
We do not share your information with other teams within the council. We may also pass information about you to third parties where required by law to do so.
5. How we will store and look after your information
6. How long we will retain your information
We will normally keep your details for the period that we are sending out email news. You can unsubscribe and make changes to the information we hold about you by following the links at the bottom of all news emails. For further information on our policy for retaining personal information, see our retention guidelines.
7. Your rights concerning your information
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you a number of rights concerning your personal information. See the list below. Not all rights apply in every case - it will depend on the legal basis for collecting your information and how we use it.
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- Rights related to automated decision making, including profiling
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- The right to erasure
Further details on these rights can be found on our website www.rushmoor.gov.uk/dataprotection
8. Right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office
If you are not happy with the way the Council is handling your personal information you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. (ICO). You will find details of how to do so on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk or by phoning their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
9. Why we need your information and the consequences of not providing it
We need your information so that we can send you information about the council and our services by email. If you do not provide your details, we will not be able to send you information about the news you have signed up to.