There is a growing network of cycle routes in Aldershot and Farnborough.
Planning your route
Using the website, you can choose the route that suits you. You can choose 'Quiet' (mostly cycleways and very quiet roads), 'Balanced' (a mixture) or 'Fastest' (the fastest route available) routes.
Cycle routes include:
- Farnborough Road - there is a combination of on-road and off-road paths from Cranmore Lane along the Queens Parade to Farnborough
- Wellington Avenue - there are on and off-road cycle routes around Wellington Avenue
- Station Road - there are on-road routes along Station Road
- Ash Road and Lower Farnham Road - there is an on-road cycle route along Ash Road leading into an off-road cycle lane along Lower Farnham Road
- Tongham Road - an on-road cycle lane goes through to an off-road cycle route heading towards Tongham
- Boxalls Lane - there is a small on and off-road route very close to Boxalls Lane
- Sheridan Close - there is a small route around Sheridan Close using both on and off-road cycle lane
- Farnborough Road - an off-road cycle route runs alongside the Farnborough Road from Highgate Lane towards Frimley. There is a small off-road route around Whitehouse Close near Farnborough Sixth Form College. There are also a number of on-road cycle lane along Cromwell Lane and on into Hawley Lane
- Farnborough town centre - there are on and off-road cycle routes in Farnborough town centre and down Elles Road heading towards Fleet
- Southwood - there is a network of off-road cycle routes in Southwood. Along Ively Road, there are off-road cycle routes heading towards Fleet
- Lynchford Road - there are on and off-road cycle routes around Lynchford Road, North Camp
- Alexandra Road - there is now a new cycle lane along both sides
- Clockhouse roundabout - there is a new cycle route along Salisbury Road that leads to Farnborough College of Technology
Off-road cycle paths
You can enjoy a number of off-road cycle routes in Rushmoor and in the wider Blackwater Valley, including the southern part of the Black Water Valley Path, the Basingstoke Canal towpath and Southwood Woodland.
In Aldershot, you can access the Blackwater Valley Path at:
- Aldershot Park
- Ash Road/A331 roundabout
- North Lane playing fields
- Ash Lock, where you can also get onto the Basingstoke Canal towpath
In Farnborough, you can access the Blackwater Valley Path at:
- North Camp and Farnborough Gate, where the path extends south to Aldershot and the South Downs Way or north towards Reading
There is no cycling along the Blackwater Valley Path between North Camp Station and Hollybush lakes.
There is also a cycle route along Cove Brook Greenway, running from Hazel Avenue to Hawley Lane.