Details about recycling and rubbish collections in Aldershot and Farnborough.
Your bin collections
To encourage as much recycling as possible, we provide the following:
- Weekly collections of food waste for recycling
- Fortnightly collection of non-recyclable rubbish in your green bin
- Fortnightly collections of paper, card, tins, cans, aerosols and plastic bottles in your blue recycling bin
- Fortnightly collections of glass bottles and jars in your glass recycling box (or purple bin if you have shared bins)
- Fortnightly garden waste recycling collections (if you subscribe)
- Weekly collections of small electrical items and batteries (placed on top of your green or blue bin) for recycling
This means we empty your blue bin, glass recycling and food waste one week and your green bin, food waste and garden waste (if you subscribe) the next.
We have a 'no excess waste policy'. This means we will not collect rubbish that is not in your bin. Please also make sure your bin lid is closed.
Check your bin collection day
To find out what day your bin is emptied, use our bin collection day finder.
Report a missed bin
If we didn't empty your bin on your collection day, please let us know.
Report a lost bin
Let us know if your bin, glass collection box or food waste caddy has gone missing, and we will send a replacement.
Report a damaged bin
Let us know if your bin, glass collection box or food waste caddy has been damaged, and we will send a replacement.
Swap your bin
You can swap your rubbish or recycling bin for a larger or smaller one
Request an extra bin
If you need an extra recycling bin, glass collection box or food waste caddy, please let us know.
Report an unwanted bin
If you have a bin, glass collection box or food waste caddy at home that you no longer need, we can take it away for you.
Reminder about garden waste and DIY waste in rubbish bins
Please do not put any garden waste or DIY waste in your green or blue bins. You can compost garden waste at home or join our garden waste recycling service.
You can also take garden waste and DIY waste to Hampshire County Council's Household waste recycling centres.
Timing of collections
- Collections usually start at 7am in most roads and are usually finished by mid-afternoon
- Please put out your bins and, glass containers and caddies at the edge of your property (nearest point to the road) before 7am on your collection day, or the night before
- For safety reasons, collections start earlier in these roads, so please put your bin out before this time:
- Fleet Road, Farnborough - 6.30am
- Victoria Road, Farnborough - 6am
- Ash Road, Aldershot - 6.30am
- Lower Farnham Road, Aldershot - 6am
- North Lane, Aldershot - 6.15am
- For the safety of our crews, in very hot weather we may start collections in all roads from 6am. This is to make sure that where possible, the staff have completed their round before the hottest part of the day
Please make sure your bins and glass containers are ready for collection, before these times.