Fees and charges for cremation, 1 April 2022 to 31 March 2023.
Our bereavement services team can help guide you through our fees and charges for cremation, as well as your options for a memorial.
If you would like to speak to a member of the team, please contact us using the contact details below.
For details about the memorials we offer, please see our crematorium memorials page.
|Cremation of a person aged over 18 years||£969|
|Cremation of a child aged under 18 years||No charge|
If the cremation service is likely to be longer than the normal service time, we may charge an extra fee (see Chapel fee item a.)
The above fees include:
- Interment of cremated remains in the Garden of Remembrance or provision of a Polytainer if you take them away
- Use of the Obitus music system
- Medical referee's fees - the Joint Negotiating Committee for Doctors Assisting Local Authorities has set a national rate of £19 for a set of cremation papers
- Use of the chapel and waiting rooms
- All attendance after the coffin has been placed on the catafalque
- Deposit of cremated remains for one month
- CAMEO - mercury abatement charge of £56, as set by the Federation of British Cremation Authorities
Miscellaneous cremation fees
|Interment or scattering of cremated remains||£98 (only payable if cremation took place at another crematorium)|
|Temporary deposit of cremated remains (per
month - first month free)
|Polytainer||£25 (included as part of cremation fee)|
|Forwarding cremated remains by post||by arrangement|
|Certified extract from Register of Cremation||£30|
|Exhumation (on receipt of a Home Office licence)|
|Transfer for memorial vault||No charge|
|Exhumation (on receipt of a Home Office licence)||£269|
|a.||Use of chapel for additional service time||£134|
|b.||Use of chapel for memorial service, but no
|£310 (inc. VAT at 20%)|
|c.||Use of chapel of rest (per day or part of a day)||£28|