Read about the information you send to us and what we will use it for.
1. Identity of the Data Controller and contact details
Rushmoor Borough Council is the data controller for the personal information you provide on this form. You can contact the council by phone on 01252 398515, via email to email@example.com or by writing to us at Council Offices, Farnborough Road, Farnborough GU14 7JU. You can contact the council’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. What we need your information for and the legal basis for it
Your information is necessary for the purposes of carrying out a public task in the interest of the public.
3. Use for any other purposes
If we need to use your information for any other purpose, we will normally inform you before using it, unless we believe you know about the new purpose already or there are legal reasons that prevent us from telling you.
4. Will you pass my information to anyone else?
We will not share you information with anyone else.
5. How we will store and look after your information
Your data will be held electronically and will not be stored in a country outside the UK.
6. How long we will retain your information
We will normally keep your details in our current database for up to a period of 2 years after your business ceases or for as long as we are required to do so by law, or in accordance with our operational requirements. For further information on our policy for retaining personal information, see our retention guidelines as published on Rushmoor Borough Council’s website.
7. Your rights concerning your information
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you a number of rights concerning your personal information. See the list below. Not all rights apply in every case – it will depend on the legal basis for collecting your information and how we use it.
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- Rights related to automated decision making, including profiling
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- The right to erasure
Further details on these rights can be found on our website www.rushmoor.gov.uk/dataprotection
8. Right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office
If you are not happy with the way the Council is handling your personal information you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. (ICO). You will find details of how to do so on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk or by phoning their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
9. Why we need your information and the consequences of not providing it
Failure to provide your data may lead to the problem you are reporting not being resolved.