This Article 4 direction has expired.
Theremoved permitted development rights that allowed developers to change the use of offices, storage or distribution units, or light industrial units to homes without planning permission.
Between 10 February and 24 March 2017, we held a consultation and invited your views on the Article 4 direction. After reviewing the responses received, we decided that the direction should come into force. We confirmed the direction on 25 May 2017.
The direction came into force on 19 February 2018, but expired on 1 August 2022.
Sites covered by the Article 4 direction
- Blackwater Trading Estate, Aldershot
- Civil Enclave, Farnborough
- East Aldershot Industrial Cluster
- Eelmoor Road, Farnborough
- Farnborough Aerospace Park
- Farnborough Business Park
- Frimley Business Park
- Hawley Lane East, Farnborough
- Hawley Lane West, Farnborough
- Hollybush Lane, Aldershot
- Invincible Road Industrial Estate, Farnborough
- Lynchford Lane, Farnborough
- Redan Road Industrial Estate, Aldershot
- Rotunda Estate, Aldershot
- Southwood Business Park, Farnborough
- Spectrum Point, Farnborough
- Springlakes, Aldershot
- Wyndham Street, Aldershot
You can see the areas covered in the.
Revised Article 4 direction
Between 4 March and 25 March, we held a consultation and invited your views on a new direction.
We will now review all the responses received before deciding whether the new direction should come into force.