A number of employment sites in Aldershot and Farnborough are covered by an Article 4 direction. This removes some permitted development rights.
The permitted development rights that allow developers to change the use of offices, storage or distribution units, or light industrial units to homes without planning permission.removes
Between 10 February and 24 March 2017, we held a consultation and invited your views on the Article 4 direction. After reviewing the responses received, we decided that the direction should come into force. We confirmed the direction on 25 May 2017.
The direction came into force on 19 February 2018.
Sites covered by the Article 4 direction
- Blackwater Trading Estate, Aldershot
- Civil Enclave, Farnborough
- East Aldershot Industrial Cluster
- Eelmoor Road, Farnborough
- Farnborough Aerospace Park
- Farnborough Business Park
- Frimley Business Park
- Hawley Lane East, Farnborough
- Hawley Lane West, Farnborough
- Hollybush Lane, Aldershot
- Invincible Road Industrial Estate, Farnborough
- Lynchford Lane, Farnborough
- Redan Road Industrial Estate, Aldershot
- Rotunda Estate, Aldershot
- Southwood Business Park, Farnborough
- Spectrum Point, Farnborough
- Springlakes, Aldershot
- Wyndham Street, Aldershot
You can see the areas covered in the.
Our arguments for introducing the Article 4 direction
We believe it is important that Aldershot and Farnborough have a strong portfolio of employment sites to support and encourage economic growth and that the Article 4 direction will help retain and attract businesses, jobs and investment.
Our arguments for introducing the Article 4 direction are set out in ourof 15 November 2016.
Revised Article 4 direction
Following a change in planning use classes, the government has announced that existing Article 4 directions which restrict the change of use of offices to homes will expire on 1 August 2022.
Between 4 March and 25 March, we held a consultation and invited your views on a new direction to replace the existing Article 4 direction.
We will now review all the responses received before deciding whether the new direction should come into force.