We have made an Article 4 direction to remove permitted development rights at a number of employment sites in Aldershot and Farnborough.
We made the Article 4 direction on 4 March 2022 to begin the process of removing the permitted development rights that allow developers to change the use of offices and light industrial units to homes without planning permission.
The Article 4 direction covers most of the Strategic Employment Sites and Locally Important Employment Sites identified in the Rushmoor Local Plan.
Between 4 March and 25 March 2022, we held a consultation and invited your views on the Article 4 direction. We did not receive any comments. We confirmed the direction on 16 February 2023.
The direction came into force on 6 March 2023 and replaces the former employment land Article 4 direction which expired on 1 August 2022.
Our arguments for introducing the Article 4 direction are set out in our case paper.
Sites covered by the Article 4 direction
• Blackwater Trading Estate, Aldershot
• Civil Enclave, Farnborough
• East Aldershot Industrial Cluster
• Eelmoor Road, Farnborough
• Farnborough Aerospace Park
• Farnborough Business Park
• Frimley Business Park
• Hawley Lane East, Farnborough
• Invincible Road Industrial Estate, Farnborough
• Lynchford Lane, Farnborough
• Redan Road Industrial Estate, Aldershot
• Rotunda Estate, Aldershot
• Southwood Business Park, Farnborough
• Spectrum Point, Farnborough
• Springlakes, Aldershot
• Wyndham Street, Aldershot
You can also see the areas covered in the Article 4 direction maps below:
Employment land Article 4 direction maps (March 2022)