We have made an Article 4 direction to remove permitted development rights at a number of employment sites in Aldershot and Farnborough.
We made theon 4 March 2022 to begin the process of removing the permitted development rights that allow developers to change the use of offices and light industrial units to homes without planning permission.
The Article 4 direction covers most of the Strategic Employment Sites and Locally Important Employment Sites identified in the Rushmoor Local Plan.
Between 4 March and 25 March 2022, we held a consultation and invited your views on the Article 4 direction. We did not receive any comments. We confirmed the direction on 16 February 2023.
The direction came into force on 6 March 2023 and replaces the former employment land Article 4 direction which expired on 1 August 2022.
Modification of the Article 4 direction
The Secretary of State made ato modify the areas covered by the Article 4 direction.
The Secretary of State's direction came into force on 14 July 2023, and the Article 4 direction is modified as of this date.
The Article 4 direction now only covers land at the sites specified within the Secretary of State's direction.
Sites covered by the Article 4 direction
- Blackwater Trading Estate, Aldershot
- Civil Enclave, Farnborough
- East Aldershot Industrial Cluster
- Eelmoor Road, Farnborough
- Farnborough Aerospace Park
- Farnborough Business Park
- Frimley Business Park
- Hawley Lane East, Farnborough
- Invincible Road Industrial Estate, Farnborough
- Lynchford Lane, Farnborough
- Redan Road Industrial Estate, Aldershot
- Rotunda Estate, Aldershot
- Southwood Business Park, Farnborough
- Spectrum Point, Farnborough
- Springlakes, Aldershot
- Wyndham Street, Aldershot
You can also see the areas covered in the.
Why we introduced the Article 4 direction
Our arguments for introducing the Article 4 direction are set out in our.