We have made an Article 4 direction to remove permitted development rights at a number of employment sites in Aldershot and Farnborough.
On 4 March 2022, we made anto begin the process of removing the permitted development rights that allow developers to change the use of offices and light industrial units to homes without planning permission.
The Article 4 direction covers most of the Strategic Employment Sites and Locally Important Employment Sites identified within the Rushmoor Local Plan.
The direction will replace the former Employment land Article 4 direction which will expired on 1 August 2022.
Sites covered by the Article 4 direction
• Blackwater Trading Estate, Aldershot
• Civil Enclave, Farnborough
• East Aldershot Industrial Cluster
• Eelmoor Road, Farnborough
• Farnborough Aerospace Park
• Farnborough Business Park
• Frimley Business Park
• Hawley Lane East, Farnborough
• Invincible Road Industrial Estate, Farnborough
• Lynchford Lane, Farnborough
• Redan Road Industrial Estate, Aldershot
• Rotunda Estate, Aldershot
• Southwood Business Park, Farnborough
• Spectrum Point, Farnborough
• Springlakes, Aldershot
• Wyndham Street, Aldershot
You can also see the areas covered in the Article 4 direction maps below:
Your views on the Article 4 direction
Between 4 March and 25 March, we held a consultation and invited your views on the Article 4 direction.
We will now review all the responses received before deciding whether the direction should come into force.
Why we are introducing the Article 4 direction
Our arguments for introducing the Article 4 direction are set out in our.
Our intention is that the direction will replace the former Employment Land Article 4 direction and come into force on 6 March 2023.