Homes within the Cargate conservation area in Aldershot are covered by an Article 4 direction. This removes some permitted development rights.
On 31 January 2020, we made an immediate Article 4 direction to remove some permitted development rights from properties within the in Aldershot.
We held a public consultation for six weeks and the responses we received are shown in the. We decided to amend the direction, based on the responses we received. We did not 'confirm' (make permanent) the direction but instead made a new immediate Article 4 direction on 31 July 2020 to replace it.
Theintroduces additional planning controls, which means that the following works to a property that would be visible from any public highway or open space now need planning permission:
- Any works to add, replace, improve or alter any window or door
- Alterations to porches - this includes enclosing a porch or altering the way it looks
- Making, enlarging, improving or altering a hard surface
- The installation, alteration or removal of a chimney or flue
- The installation, alteration or replacement of a microwave antenna
- Erecting, altering or demolishing a gate, wall or fence
- Painting a property if it will differ from the traditional surface treatment
You can view the affected properties on the Article 4 map below:
Between 31 July and 11 September 2020, we held a consultation and invited your views to help us decide whether to confirm the direction and make it permanent. We did not receive any objections.
We confirmed the direction on 29 January 2021.
You can find out more information in our.