You will need a hackney carriage (taxi) vehicle licence for all vehicles operating as taxis in Rushmoor.
Information about hackney carriage licences
When you apply, you will need to provide the following information so that we can prepare the documents and licence plates before a meeting:
- Vehicle registration number
- Make and model of vehicle
- Names of all prospective drivers of the vehicle
- Your name, address and contact details
- The name and address of anyone with a financial interest in the vehicle
- Vehicle registration document
- Insurance certificate
- The current mileage of the vehicle
- MOT certificate (dated within 28 days of your appointment)
- Sales receipt and/or letter of sale to prove that you are the owner of the vehicle
- The taxi licence fee
At a meeting we will inspect the vehicle and if you pass our checks, we will provide you with your plates and licence.
You will need to be aged 17 or over.
About the vehicle
- The vehicle needs to be an (taxis)
- At the first time of application, it must be a new vehicle (within 28 days of first registration with the DVLA), or
- It must, on renewal, have been continuously licensed in Rushmoor since being new or since we first licensed it
Licensing a vehicle not on the approved vehicle list
If you would like to licence a vehicle as a hackney carriage that is not currently listed on the approved vehicle list, please contact our Licensing team to discuss the possibility of us viewing the vehicle.
How to renew your hackney carriage licence
Your licence usually lasts for 12 months. It is your responsibility to contact us and make an appointment to renew your licence.
We will endeavour to remind you before your licence is due to expire.
How to transfer your interest
If you sell your vehicle then you must tell us the name and address of the new owner, as soon as is reasonably possible.
The new owner must then contact us, using the contact details below, to transfer the licence.
Taxi licensing policy
Please see ourfor more information about how we carry out our taxi licensing functions and responsibilities.