You will need a private hire (minicab) vehicle licence for all vehicles operating as minicabs in Rushmoor.
Information about the licence
To have this licence you will need to provide us with the following information:
- Vehicle registration number
- Make and model of vehicle
- Mileage of vehicle
- If you would like to apply for an exemption from attaching a hard plate to your vehicle (see hard plate exemptions below)
- Names of all prospective drivers of the vehicle
- Your name, address and contact details
- The name and address of anyone with a financial interest in the vehicle
- Vehicle registration document
- Insurance certificate
- MOT certificate (dated within 28 days of appointment)
- Sales receipt and/or letter of sale to prove that you are the owner of the vehicle
- The private hire (minicab) fee
At an appointment we will inspect the vehicle and if you pass our checks, we will provide you with your plates and licence.
- You will need to be aged 17 or over
About the vehicle
The vehicle needs to be one of the following:
- Hard top saloon
- Estate car
- People carrier
If you want to license a limousine or other novelty vehicle, please contact a member of the licensing team using the contact details on this page.
The vehicle needs to have:
- Between four and eight passenger seats
The vehicle must not be:
- Listed on the
- Fitted with any top box or sign displaying the word 'TAXI'
- Left hand drive (except for American-style stretch limousines which have express written approval)
Please also the our.
Hard plate exemptions
If your vehicle will be used solely for non-public private hire work, such as executive chauffeur services, or needs to be discreet for other reasons, for example security, you can apply to us for an exemption from displaying a hard plate.
You will need to tell us of your request and the reasons why when you call to book your appointment. We will let you know if your work meets the criteria for this.
How to maintain your licence
Your licence will normally last for 12 months. However depending on the annual and overall mileage, you may have to provide additional MOT certificates, as set out in our.
It is your responsibility to contact us and make an appointment to renew your licence.
We will remind you before your licence is due to expire.
How to transfer your interest
If you sell your vehicle, you must tell us the name and address of the new owner, as soon as possible.
The new owner must then contact us, using the contact details on this page, to transfer the licence.
Taxi licensing policy
Please see ourfor more information about how we carry out our taxi licensing functions and responsibilities.