If you take bookings for private hire (minicab) vehicles and drivers, you or your firm must have an operator's licence.
Apply for an operator's licence
What you will need to provide
- A completed
- Details of the premises in Rushmoor that you will be operating from
- Evidence of your right to work in the UK
- A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check for all business associates
- A public liability insurance certificate (showing cover to at least £5 million)
- A certificate of employer's liability (if you employ people)
- A sample of how you intend to keep your booking records (please see requirements below)
- The relevant fee
- Evidence of policies and procedures in respect of the following:
- Customer care
- Staff training
- Determining suitability of non-licensed staff
- Shift and fatigue management
- Lost property
- Safeguarding concerns
- Equality / disability requirements
You will normally need to be 17 years old or over.
We will inspect the operating base to check that you comply with all requirements.
We will consult with our Planning team to find out if your premises requires planning permission.
For every booking you must record (either electronically or in writing, on a form approved by us) the following information:
- The date and time of the booking
- The date and time of the journey
- The starting point of the journey and the destination
- If the hirer or another operator made the booking directly. If another operator made the request, you must specify that operator
- The name of the licensed driver who was sent out on the job and the licence plate number of the vehicle used
- The fee agreed between the hirer and the operator. If a taximeter is used, you should note the fare recorded on the meter at the end of the journey, along with the initials of the person making the record
Please note that this is not a comprehensive list of the requirements and in some cases, we may need additional information to decide on your application.
Please note that new applications must be completed within 3 months. If all submissions are not received within this time your application will be refused.
How to renew your licence
It is your responsibility to make sure you apply to renew your licence before your current licence expires.
Taxi licensing policy