Under the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act 2000, we have to make information available as part of our normal business activities.
Who we are and what we do
Organisational information, locations and contacts, constitutional and legal governance.
- Council constitution
- Council democratic structure
- Council directorate structure
- Location and opening times of council offices
- Currently elected councillors' information and contact details
- Public consultations
- Our departments and management team
- Elections results
- Relationships with other authorities
What we spend and how we spend it
Financial information relating to projected and actual income and expenditure, tendering, procurement and contracts.
- Financial statements, budgets and variance reports
- The members' allowance scheme and the allowances paid under it to councillors each year
- Procurement procedures
What our priorities are and how we are doing
Strategy and performance information, plans, assessments, inspections and reviews.
- Annual reports
- Internal and external organisation performance reviews
- Forward plan
- District auditor's reports
- Inspection reports
- Statistical information produced in accordance with the council's and departmental requirements
You can find out more on our priorities page.
How we make decisions
Policy proposals and decisions. Decision making processes, internal criteria and procedures, consultations.
- Timetable of council meetings
- Agendas, officers' reports, background papers and minutes of council committee, sub-committee and standing forum meetings
- Public consultations
- Internal communications guidance, criteria used for decision making, internal instructions, manuals and guidelines
Our policies and procedures
Current written protocols for delivering our functions and responsibilities.
- Policies and procedures for conducting council business
- Policies and procedures about the recruitment and employment of staff
- Customer service
- Records management and personal data policies
Lists and registers
Information held in registers required by law and other lists and registers relating to the functions of the authority.
- Commons footpaths
The services we offer
Advice and guidance, booklets and leaflets, transactions and media releases. A description of the services offered.
- Regulatory and licensing responsibilities
- Services for local businesses
- Media releases
Freedom of information