How we select new staff, plus our approach to equal opportunities.
Recruitment and selection process
We recognise that interviews are not the only way of assessing potential staff, so we may ask you to carry out some aptitude tests or work-related exercises.
These may include:
- Assessment tests for behaviour, aptitude and personality
- Work-related tasks, such as letter writing, case study, presentation, group exercise
These exercises are always relevant to the needs of the job and, together with the interview, help our panel to select the best candidate.
At Rushmoor we have a set of four values:
- Collaborate - we must collaborate to make sure we get the best ideas from everyone
- Innovate - we must innovate if we are to deliver the very best services to our residents and businesses
- Brave - we need to be brave to step forward and have confidence to try new things if we are to develop ourselves
- Integrity - we will always act with integrity in the way we deal with people and undertake our work
Roles that require a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
Some of the roles at the council require a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. If this is the case, we will state it in the job advertisement. For further information, please see our statement on the .
Our policy on equal opportunities is simple:
"We believe that the talents and resources of our staff should be used to the full. No applicant or employee should receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, disability, age, marital status, religion, race or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, or be disadvantaged by conditions which cannot be shown to be relevant to performance."
As a Disability Confident employer, we offer an interview to any candidates who meet the essential requirements for the post and indicate they have a disability.
Defence Employer Recognition Scheme
As a member of the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, we welcome applications from ex-services personnel. We also support reservists and military spouses with our special leave policy.
Please visit our Armed Forces Community Covenant page for more information about our commitment to the armed forces and support that is available locally.