Find out about what we are consulting on and how to give us your views.
We consult on a wide range of subjects and issues, from specific topics, perhaps about changes to one of our services, to more general consultation on the local area.
Leisure and cultural hub consultation
We have launched a pre-planning application public consultation on the latest designs for the new Farnborough leisure and cultural hub and would like to invite you to take part.
The designs have been drawn up by our architects before we go ahead with our aim of submitting a detailed planning application for the site this summer and we would like to hear your views.
The consultation runs from Monday 26 February to Sunday 24 March and builds on previous engagement where you had the chance to share your views on what you would like to see at the new hub, and how it could fit in with the wider regeneration of the town centre.
There will be three drop-in sessions where you will be able to view the designs, chat to the team, and give your comments. These will be:
- Saturday 9 March, 10am to 1pm, at the Princes Mead shopping centre, Farnborough
- Monday 11 March, 2pm to 7pm, at the Council Offices, Farnborough Road, Farnborough
- Tuesday 19 March, 10am to midday at the Princes Hall, Princes Way, Aldershot
In addition, the exhibition boards will be available to view at the council offices from Monday 11 March to Friday 15 March, and at the Princes Hall from Monday 18 March to Friday 22 March.
View the designs and comment online
The designs and a feedback form are also available on our planning consultants’ website until 24 March.
We hope you will take the time to join us at one of our events or to view the latest designs online and give your views.
We would like to build a better picture of where we have defibrillators (and bleed kits) across Aldershot and Farnborough and to help us identify places in the community where new ones might be needed.
If you are a representative from a local organisation, business, school or community group we would be grateful if you could take a few minutes to complete our short survey.
The closing date is Friday 8 March.
Community Safety Survey
We would like to know how safe you feel in Aldershot and Farnborough, if there are areas where you feel less safe, and if you have been a victim of crime or antisocial behaviour.
We are committed to helping make Farnborough and Aldershot a safe place to live, work and visit.
This is the second year that we have run this survey, which again covers areas such as how safe you feel outside during the day and at night, how safe you feel in our parks and town centres and your views on the level of crime in the area.
The results will be used to inform our work when we set priorities for the coming year.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The survey will run throughout February, with the deadline for completion on Thursday 29 February.
Farnborough airport planning consultation
We have received a planning application from Farnborough Airport Limited to:
- Increase the maximum number of annual aircraft movements from 50,000 to 70,000 per annum, including an increase in non-weekday aircraft movements from 8,900 to 18,900 per annum
- Amend the aircraft weight category of 50,000 to 80,000 kg to 55,000 to 80,000 kg, and an increase from 1,500 to 2,100 aircraft movements within this category, including an increase from 270 to 570 annual aircraft movements for non-weekdays
- Replace conditions numbers 7 (1:10,000 risk contour) and 8 (1:100,000 risk contour) of the existing planning permission with a new condition to produce public safety zone maps in accordance with the Civil Aviation Authority/Department for Transport requirements
The deadline for comments on the planning application was Sunday 17 December, which is in line with statutory timescales. We can accept comments after the deadline at our discretion.
You can find out more, including how to comment, on our Farnborough airport planning application page.
Find out about future consultations
If you would like to know about consultations in the future, please sign up to receive news about consultations.
Results from our consultations
Find out the results from public consultations over the past couple of years and how we used your feedback to shape the service we provide.