Notify us of your legal interest in a property. We will then tell you about any changes to the licensing register affecting it.

If you have a legal interest in a property, you are entitled to be told of any licensing matters to do with it. Once you have notified us, we will tell you about any changes made to the licensing register that may affect the property.

You have a legal interest in a premises if:

  •  You are the freeholder or leaseholder of the property
  •  You have a legal mortgage on the premises
  •  You live on the premises
  •  You have a designated interest in the premises

The statutory licensing register includes details of all licences issued, together with a record of relevant matters, including:

  •  Any application made for the grant of a premises licence
  •  Any surrender of a premises licence
  •  Variation of a premises licence
  •  Variation of the designated premises supervisor (DPS)
  •  Request from the designated premises supervisor for removal from the licence
  •  Transfer of premises licence
  •  Interim authority notices
  •  Application for a club premises certificate
  •  Temporary event notices received


See our alcohol and entertainments fees and charges.

Register your interest

You can register your interest online using the GOV.UK website. Clicking on the link below will take you to their site.

Apply online - Notification of an interest in a premises

Or you can download the application form below, complete it and return it to us.

What happens once we receive your notification

As soon as we receive your notification, we will allocate it to one of our licensing officers who will check to ensure that the notice is valid.

If we identify a problem

If there is a minor problem with the notice, we may contact you for further information or may return the notice to you for correction. Where there is a fundamental error, we may reject the notice.

Once notification is given

We will let you know once we have registered your interest. If there are any changes to the licensing register, we will let you know in writing.

The notification lasts for 12 months, and you will need to renew it after this.

Contact us

Scroll to the top of the page