Find out how you apply for a premises licence in Rushmoor.

You can apply online for a premises licence using the GOV.UK website.

Or you can download the application form below, complete it and return it to us.

We recommend you read the following advice before you apply.

What you need to apply for a premises licence

You must provide the following:

  • Designated premises supervisor (DPS) consent (if applying to sell alcohol)
  • Plan of the premises and / or land
  • Fee
  • Application form
  • A photocopy of documentation showing your right to work in the UK, such as a British/EU passport, visa

Operating schedule

The operating schedule, which is part of the application form, explains how you propose to operate. It includes:

  • What activities will take place
  • The proposed hours
  • The duration of the licence (if appropriate)
  • Who the designated premises supervisor is
  • Whether alcohol will be consumed on or off the premises
  • What steps you will take to promote the licensing objectives set out in the Licensing Act 2003:
    • Prevention of crime and disorder
    • Ensuring public safety
    • Prevention of public nuisance
    • Protection of children from harm

Find out how to write an operating schedule.

Consent of designated premises supervisor (DPS)

If you are selling alcohol to the public then you must have consent from the person who will be the designated premises supervisor who must hold a personal licence.

Find out more about the role of the DPS and how to apply.

Plans of the premises and / or land

You must supply a scale plan of the premises. These plans should also be colour-coded for clarity.

Find out about the format required for the plans of premises.


The fee is based on the non-domestic rateable value of the premises. You must make payment of the correct fee on application. For details, please see our alcohol and entertainments fees and charges page.

Additional fees

If more than 5,000 people are allowed on the premises under the licence arrangements, an additional fee is due. For details, please see our alcohol and entertainments fees and charges page.

Annual fees

The holder of the premises licence must pay an annual fee. It is based on the non-domestic rateable value of the premises.

No annual fees

Where the application relates only to the provision of regulated entertainment, no annual fees are payable by:

  • Schools or colleges where the entertainment is provided for and on behalf of the purposes of the institution
  • Premises that are, or form part of, a church hall, chapel hall, village hall, parish hall, community hall or other similar building

Notifying responsible authorities

You must submit a full copy of the application and all accompanying documents to each of the 'responsible authorities' (for example, the chief police officer or the fire and rescue authority) on the day you apply. If you apply online, this is done as part of the process.

You can find a full list of responsible authorities with contact details on our useful licensing contacts page.

If you do not do this, your application will be invalid.

The responsible authorities and any other person have 28 days to object to your application.

Advertising your application

You must advertise your application in the local newspaper and with site notice(s). For details, see our how to advertise your application in a local newspaper and with a site notice page.

What happens once we receive your application

We will check that:

  • The application is correctly completed
  • The responsible authorities have a copy
  • It has been advertised correctly
  • The personal licence of the designated premises supervisor is valid

If there is a problem with the application

If there is a problem with the application, we may contact you for further information or return the application (or part of it) for your attention.

What happens if we receive objections to your application

Where we receive relevant representations, we will hold a hearing of our licensing sub-committee to decide on the application (unless all parties agree that a hearing is not necessary). We will tell you about the arrangements for the hearing.

The sub-committee may choose to grant or refuse the application, amend the activities/times or apply conditions.

How long it takes to decide your application

  • We allow 28 days for objections to your application to be raised
  • If we receive no objections within this period, we will grant your licence on the following day
  • If we need to hold a hearing this will take place within 20 working days (after the last date for objections). We will give you at least ten working days' notice of the date of the hearing

If we refuse your application

If we refuse the application, we will tell you of our decision in writing, together with the reasons for refusal and your rights of appeal.

We will also tell you what you need to do to appeal and the time in which you have to do it.


Contact us

Scroll to the top of the page