For licensing and regulation of alcohol sales, late-night refreshments and regulated entertainments.

These licences are controlled by the Licensing Act 2003 and we are the licensing authority for Rushmoor. We are also responsible for enforcing the licences, along with several other agencies such as the police.

You need a licence for the:

  • Sale or supply of alcohol for consumption on or off the premises
  • Provision of 'regulated entertainment' to the public, or to club members and their guests. This includes plays, films, indoor sporting events, boxing and wrestling, live music, recorded music (other than background music) and dance
  • Supply of hot food or drink between 11pm and 5am, for consumption on or off the premises (including mobile food vans)

These 'licensable activities' can be covered by either a premises licence (public or club) or by a temporary event notice (for short-term events).

We include information about:

Our statement of licensing policy

Our Statement of licensing policy 2018 provides information on how we will deal with applications.

The Home Office and Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport share responsibility for this legislation and provide information on their websites.

Contact us

Scroll to the top of the page