- You are in Community and Leisure
- Parks and outdoors
- Parks and playgrounds
- Aldershot Park and play area
- Aldershot Recreation Ground
- Aspen Grove play area
- Blunden Road recreation ground and play area
- Calton Gardens play area
- Cove Green recreation ground and play area
- Cumbria Court play area
- Curly Bridge Close play area
- Dene Road play area
- Elles Close play area
- Fairfax Road play area
- Farnborough skate park
- Farnborough Gate sports complex
- Fleming Close play area
- Green Way play area
- Highclere Road play area
- Hollybush and Hollybush Hill
- Howard Cole Way / Alexandra Road play area
- Irvine Drive play area
- Ivy Road recreation ground and play area
- Keith Lucas Road play area
- Kingfisher Close open space
- Kennels Lane recreation ground
- King George V Playing Fields and play area
- Kingsway play area
- Manor Park and play area
- Meon Close play area
- Montgomery Road play area
- Moor Road Recreation Ground and play area
- Municipal Gardens and play area
- Napier Gardens
- Oak Farm playing fields
- Osborne Road recreation ground and play area
- Pinewood Park open space and play area
- Pyestock Crescent play area
- Prince Charles Crescent play area
- Queen Elizabeth Park and play area
- Queen's Parade
- Queens Road recreation ground and play area
- Rectory Road recreation ground and play area
- Princes Gardens
- Redan Hill Gardens and play area
- Redan Hill Fortifications/High Street recreation ground
- Richmond Close play area
- Rydal Close play area
- Southwood Playing Fields
- Shelley Rise play area
- Sunnybank Road play area
- St Michael's Gardens
- The Lawns play area
- Tarn Close play area
- Water Lane amenity and play area
- Park bookings
- Brickfields Country Park
- Cove Brook Greenway
- Rowhill Nature Reserve
- Southwood Country Park
- Southwood Woodland
- Cycle routes
- Parks and playgrounds
- Parks and outdoors
Aldershot Park and play area
A large open area with sports pitches, a fishing lake and an open play area providing excitement for all children and young people.
Aldershot Park is situated at the end of Guildford Road, next to Aldershot Pools Complex and has a range of sports facilities and clubs based in and around it.
The extensive children's play area covers a large site, with separate areas for different age groups, offering challenging and exciting play experiences.
The play area opened in 2010, with community involvement and funding from the Big Lottery, Playbuilder, Hampshire County Council Inspiring You) and the Veolia Environmental Trust through the Landfill Communities Fund.
Sports facilities and clubs
- Five football pitches and two rugby pitches (one floodlit). To book a football pitch, please visit the Serco sports pitch bookings website
- A dedicated second team pitch and a smaller square with an artificial strip for Aldershot Cricket Club. This may be available for casual use by local teams. Please contact the cricket club for more information
- Aldershot and Fleet RUFC - a friendly, family rugby club welcoming beginners, juniors, women and seniors. Keen to involve the local community with all aspects of the club
- Aldershot Cricket Club - the club welcomes players of all ages and abilities
- Rushmoor Gymnastics Academy
- Aldershot Pools, including floodlit five-a-side pitches
- Alderwood Leisure Centre
- Blackwater Valley Runners use the Aldershot Cricket Club clubhouse as their meeting point. They are a social running and jogging club offering five different ability groups, all with group leaders, to run for as little as four miles or for the more serious runners up to ten miles
Aldershot Park lake
The lake is home to the Aldershot Park Angling Club. The club is very active and encourages beginners, juniors and disabled members, as well as more experienced anglers.
Café in the park
Relax and enjoy your surroundings in the café. For information and opening times, see the Parkside (Aldershot and District Mencap) website.
Walking and cycling
Both the River Blackwater and the Blackwater Valley River Path pass along the eastern end of the park. The Blackwater Valley Path runs for 23 miles from Farnham to Swallowfield in Berkshire and is ideal for cycling and walking. This also links to the Basingstoke Canal towpath which is part of the long distance Sustrans cycle route.
Rushmoor Healthy Living organises walking groups in the park.
Aldershot Park pavilion
The pavilion is home to Aldershot and Fleet RUFC.
As well as eight changing rooms for rugby and football, it has a large club room with seating for 80, a kitchen and bar.
The club room is available for hire and is ideal for many activities, such as meetings, fitness classes, courses, children's parties, courses and seminars.
For bookings and information, contact Martin Booth, Aldershot and Fleet RUFC Facilities Manager, on 07702 459494.
There are accessible toilets available at the entrance to the park.
Events at the park
- Sports events and competitions throughout the year
- Annual fishing open day organised by the angling club
- Parkside (Aldershot and District Mencap) organises an annual fundraising event
- Suitable for local community and charitable events
Off Lower Farnham Road
Parks and play areas
Tel: 01252 398399
View full details