A large open area with sports pitches, a fishing lake and an open play area providing excitement for all children and young people.
Aldershot Park is situated at the end of Guildford Road, next to Aldershot Pools Complex and has a range of sports facilities and clubs based in and around it.
The extensive children's play area covers a large site, with separate areas for different age groups, offering challenging and exciting play experiences.
The play area opened in 2010, with community involvement and funding from the Big Lottery, Playbuilder, Hampshire County Council Inspiring You) and the Veolia Environmental Trust through the Landfill Communities Fund.
Sports facilities and clubs
- Five football pitches and two rugby pitches (one floodlit), it is the home of Aldershot Boys and Girls FC
- A dedicated second team pitch and a smaller square with an artificial strip for Aldershot cricket club. This may be available for casual use by local teams. Please contact the Aldershot cricket club for more information
- Aldershot and Fleet RUFC - a friendly, family rugby club welcoming beginners, juniors, women and seniors. Keen to involve the local community with all aspects of the club
- Aldershot cricket club - the club welcomes players of all ages and abilities
- Rushmoor Gymnastics Academy
- Aldershot Pools, including floodlit five-a-side pitches
- Alderwood Leisure Centre
- Blackwater Valley Runners use the Aldershot Cricket Club clubhouse as their meeting point. They are a social running and jogging club offering five different ability groups, all with group leaders, to run for as little as four miles or for the more serious runners up to ten miles
Aldershot Park lake
The lake is home to the Aldershot Park Angling Club. The club is very active and encourages beginners, juniors and disabled members, as well as more experienced anglers.
Café in the park
Relax and enjoy your surroundings in the café. For information and opening times, see the Parkside (Aldershot and District Mencap website.
Walking and cycling
Both the River Blackwater and the Blackwater Valley River Path pass along the eastern end of the park. The Blackwater Valley Path runs for 23 miles from Farnham to Swallowfield in Berkshire and is ideal for cycling and walking. This also links to the Basingstoke Canal towpath which is part of the long distance Sustrans cycle route.
Rushmoor Healthy Living organises walking groups in the park.
Aldershot Park pavilion
The pavilion is home to Aldershot and Fleet RUFC.
As well as eight changing rooms for rugby and football, it has a large club room with seating for 80, a kitchen and bar.
The club room is available for hire and is ideal for many activities, such as meetings, fitness classes, courses, children's parties, courses and seminars.
For bookings and information, contact Martin Booth, Aldershot and Fleet RUFC Facilities Manager, on 07702 459494.
There are accessible toilets available at the entrance to the park.
Events at the park
- Sports events and competitions throughout the year
- Annual fishing open day organised by the angling club
- Parkside (Aldershot and District Mencap) organises an annual fundraising event
- Suitable for local community and charitable events
Off Lower Farnham Road