We have a set of tenancy rules for registered providers, who manage more than 6,000 affordable homes in Aldershot and Farnborough.
We support affordable housing tenancies that provide:
- Clear information about their tenancy type, the processes around review and renewal of their tenancy and their right to appeal
- A minimum term of six years (five years with an additional year as a starter tenancy)
- Presumption always in favour of renewal of tenancies to provide stability for people and communities
- Protection for vulnerable people with lifetime tenancies
- The development of working protocols with the council's Housing Options team especially where tenancies are being ended