Details of the information you will need to provide with your planning application.

As well as answering the questions on the planning application form, you will need to provide some, or all, of the following information, depending on the type of development you want to carry out.

If you need help with this, please contact our Planning team using the contact details on this page.

A supporting statement for your planning application

This will need to say which policies in the Development Plan and national planning guidance (if applicable) relate to your proposal.

You will also need to say how the development would conform to any relevant supplementary planning guidance we have issued, such as a development brief or planning brief for the site.

The statement should set out how you have taken into account good design and access for people with disabilities. You should do this as a Design and Access Statement.

If you have received pre-application advice from us, you must provide a summary of your understanding of the advice we gave you, and how your proposal meets with that advice.

Information to support the planning application

This could include, for example:

  • A transport impact assessment
  • Green travel plan
  • Affordable housing proposal
  • Flood risk assessment
  • Ventilation/extraction and rubbish disposal details for hot food takeaways
  • Archaeological assessment
  • Ecological assessment
  • Tree report
  • Landscaping proposals
  • Sustainability appraisals
  • Environmental statement
  • Site survey
  • Heritage impact statement
  • An employment and skills plan

Public consultation on your proposal

If you have carried out local public consultation about your proposal, you should include a statement about what you did and the results of the consultation. You should also include copies of correspondence.

You should also include the results of any consultation you carried out with statutory and non-statutory organisations.

Legal agreements

Pre-application advice from the planning officer may be that you need a legal agreement or planning obligation before we can grant permission. This may be, for example, a Section 106 Agreement or a Unilateral Undertaking under Section 106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.

If this is the case, please supply the following information:

  • Your proposed terms of the legal agreement, or
  • A draft legal agreement. Please discuss this with the planning officer before you submit it, as we are developing standard clauses for legal agreements
  • Copies of the 'title deeds'
  • If there are any charges, mortgages or other securities on the land, you should supply the names and addresses of the charges/ mortgagees/ or holders of the security. This is because they will have to be added as parties to the agreement and/or consent to its terms, or give a Consent to Dealing, as appropriate
  • A Unilateral Undertaking - this may be appropriate if you are only making a payment, so please check with us
  • An undertaking to pay our legal costs for preparing a Section 106 agreement or a Unilateral Undertaking
  • If you, or your clients, are represented by solicitors, the contact address and name of the person dealing with the matter

Contact us

Scroll to the top of the page