Read about the information you send to us and what we will use it for.
1. Identity of the Data Controller and contact details
Rushmoor Borough Council is the data controller for the personal information you provide on this form. You can contact the Council by phone on 01252 398391, via email to email@example.com or by writing to us at Council Offices, Farnborough Road, Farnborough GU14 7JU. You can contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. What we need your information for and the legal basis for it
We need your personal information to process your application to join the allotment waiting list or for when you apply to erect a shed on your allotment plot. The law allows us to use your personal information in this way with your consent. You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting our allotments team and requesting removal from our list and your personal information will be removed.
Your personal information will also be removed in the following cases:
- You notify us that you have moved out of the borough
- You are offered a plot but no longer want one
- You are offered a plot and accept
- We are notified of a change of circumstances
3. Use for any other purposes
The personal information provided will only be used for the purposes as stated in (2) above.
4. Will you pass my information to anyone else?
Your personal information will not be passed to anyone else.
5. How we will store and look after your information
Your data will be held electronically and will not be stored in a country outside the UK.
6. How long we will retain your information
We will keep your details in our allotments database in accordance with our operational requirements up until you are offered a plot or you request removal from the list or in any circumstances as described in point 2 above.
7. Your rights concerning your information
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you a number of rights concerning your personal information. See the list below. Not all rights apply in every case - it will depend on the legal basis for collecting your information and how we use it.
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- Rights related to automated decision making, including profiling
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- The right to erasure
Further details on these rights can be found on our website www.rushmoor.gov.uk/dataprotection
8. Right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office
If you are not happy with the way the Council is handling your personal information you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. (ICO). You will find details of how to do so on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk or by phoning their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
9. Why we need your information and the consequences of not providing it
We need your information to process your application to join the allotment waiting list or to apply to erect a shed on your allotment plot. If you do not provide it, we will be unable to process your application.