How to contact us in an emergency and when our offices are closed.

When our offices are closed

  • Monday to Thursday, 5pm to 8.30am
  • Friday, 4.30pm to Monday 8.30am
  • Weekends and bank holidays

Contacting us out-of-offices hours

If you need to contact us and you cannot wait until the next working day, you can use our emergency out-of-hours number: 01252 398 183.

Types of emergencies we deal with

  • Continually sounding car alarms or house burglar alarms
  • Noise affecting a large number of residents
  • Significant drainage problems
  • Flooding - see our flooding advice page for more information
  • Damage to council buildings that has made them insecure or unsafe
  • Substantial pest infestations
  • Dangerous buildings, trees and structures

Hampshire police deals with any emergencies on roads. Call 999 if life is in danger, or call 101 to contact them about anything else. 

What happens when you call us out-of-hours

A member of staff will answer you call and advise you on what we can and cannot do. We may:

  • Arrange for the problem to be dealt with - such as making safe vandalism in a public toilet
  • Refer your call to our out-of-hours duty officer to deal with¬†
  • Give you information and contact details for the authority that can deal with your call, if it is not us
  • Advise you that the incident is not an emergency and refer your call to the relevant service to be dealt with on the next working day

Contact us

Scroll to the top of the page