Advice on what you can do about noise nuisance and how to report a statutory noise nuisance.

Contacting the person responsible is often the best way to resolve a noise problem, so please try this first.

We can help with certain types of noise which cause a statutory noise nuisance. This is noise which unreasonably and significantly interferes with the use or enjoyment of your home or other premises. You must experience it regularly or for an extended period of time. We have legal powers to deal with this type of nuisance.  

You can use our online service to get help, advice and report a statutory noise nuisance. We will ask you some questions about the type of noise you are experiencing and if we can help and investigate, you will need to provide us extra information about the noise and how it affects you.

Noise nuisance diary sheets

It can help to keep a record of the noise for your own reference. If you would like to do this, you can print out our noise nuisance diary sheets.

Contact us

Environmental health (noise) team

Scroll to the top of the page