Advice on what you can do about noise nuisance and how to report a statutory noise nuisance.

How best to resolve the problem

Contacting the person responsible is often the best way to resolve a noise problem, so please try this first.

We have legal powers to deal with certain types of noise nuisance. We can help where it ‘significantly interferes with your use or enjoyment of your home or other premises’. This is called a statutory noise nuisance.

You must experience it regularly or for an extended period. So, it cannot usually be a one-off issue.

Get advice about what to do and report the issue

Please use our online service below to get help, advice and report a statutory noise nuisance.

We will ask you some questions about the type of noise you are experiencing. If we can help and can investigate further, you will need to give us extra information about the noise and how it affects you.

Noise nuisance diary sheets

It can help to keep a record of the noise for your own reference. If you would like to do this, you can print out our noise nuisance diary sheets.

Contact us

Environmental health - noise team (during office hours)

Scroll to the top of the page