You can report suspected housing benefit fraud or council tax fraud. Find out how.

Suspected housing benefit fraud

You can report suspected housing benefit fraud anonymously by contacting the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP).

The DWP fraud investigation service will look at the information you give and will then begin its investigation.

Report benefit fraud online

GOV.UK - Report benefit fraud

Report benefit fraud by phone

DWP national benefit fraud hotline - 0800 854 440.

Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm. Your call is free and confidential.  You do not have to give your name or address.  If you have speech or hearing problems you can use the text phone service on 0800 328 0512.

Report benefit fraud by post

National Benefit Fraud Hotline

Mail Handling Site A


WV98 2BP

Report  suspected council tax fraud

 You can report suspected council tax fraud direct to our internal investigation team.

This may include reductions or discounts that a person may not be entitled to.

You can report this by email or phone to our fraud investigations team using the contact details below.

Contact us

Scroll to the top of the page