To run a tattooing, acupuncture, electrolysis or ear piercing business in Rushmoor, you need to register with us.
- Register the premises with us
- Register all people performing the treatment with us
- Comply with the relevant local byelaws:
Apply for registration
You can apply online using the GOV.UK website.
Or you can download the application form below, complete it and return it to us.
Cost of registration
These are one-off costs and are non-refundable:
- £214 per premises and
- £118 per person
Inspections and assessment
We will assess the information you have provided in your application. To help us, please make sure you submit all supporting documentation when registering. This must include a photograph of each operator when registering for tattooing.
When we receive your application, we will inspect the premises. This is to make sure that standards maintained are satisfactory (including hygiene) and that you comply with the local byelaws.
How we'll deal with your application
- We aim to acknowledge your application within three working days
- We aim to decide on your application within 28 days
- If you have not heard from us within 28 days you can act as though your application has been granted (tacit consent)
- We will send you a registration certificate which must be displayed in a noticeable position in the premises
- You must also display a copy of the appropriate byelaws
How to appeal
If we refused your application, contact us to see if we can sort out the problem.
Renewing your registration
You do not need to renew your registration.
How to tell us of changes
You must tell us of any changes to your circumstances you can download the application form below, complete it and return it to us.
- Application for registration to carry out the practice of acupuncture
- Application for registration to carry out the business of tattooing, ear piercing or electrolysis
These are the same forms as for initial registration.
If you have a complaint against a trader, we would advise you first to contact the trader - preferably by letter (with proof of delivery).
If that has not worked and you are in the UK, The Citizens Advice will give you advice.
If you are outside the UK, contact the UK European Consumer Centre If you have concerns about the health and safety of a tattooing, acupuncture, electrolysis or ear piercing business, please contact us using the details on this page.
Advice and safe practice for body piercing - guidance for practitioners
Advice and safe practice for micropigmentation - guidance for practitioners
Advice and safe practice for permanent tattooing - guidance for practitioners
Bench top steam sterilizers - guidance on purchase, operation and maintenance
Health Protection Agency - branding and scarification aftercare
Massage and special treatment
You do not need to register with us for massage and special treatment.