Tell us about cooling towers and evaporative condensers used on your premises.

We need to know about cooling equipment to help us make sure that controls are in place to protect people from the risk of infection from Legionella bacteria.

Cooling tower notifications are regulated under The Notification of Cooling Towers and Evaporative Condensers Regulations 1992.

We keep a register of cooling tower locations.

What we need to know about cooling equipment

All businesses or premises in Rushmoor with wet cooling towers and/or evaporative condensers must notify us.

If the equipment becomes disused - decommissioned or dismantled - you must also tell us within a month.

Costs of notifying us

There is no fee for the notification.

How to notify us

Online: Notification of Cooling Towers and Evaporative Condensers

Or you can download our cooling tower notification form, complete it and return it to us.

To help you manage and control the risks in your equipment - you can also complete a control of legionella in wet cooling systems - self assessment form.

Supporting documents you must provide

Please provide the following supporting documents when submitting your application form:

When we receive a completed application, your business or premises will be inspected to make sure standards meet the HSE Approved Code of Practice (ACOP) and guidance (L8) .

Your application

We aim to respond to your application within three working days.

There is no legal limit for deciding applications. However, we aim to make a decision within 28 days. If you haven't heard from us within 28 days, you can assume that your application has been granted.

You do not need to renew your notification.

If we refuse your application and you want to appeal

Firstly, please contact us using the contact details on this page to see if we can resolve the issue.

Changes in circumstances

You must tell us about any changes. You can change your details online using the GOV.UK website.

Change details of your cooling towers and evaporative condensers notification.

Alternatively, please contact us using the contact details on this page.

Contact us

Scroll to the top of the page