Antisocial behaviour

If you feel antisocial behaviour is a problem in your neighbourhood, you can report it to us.

Antisocial behaviour is considered as behaviour, which causes alarm, harassment or distress to the community.

It can include:

  • Harassment
  • Verbal abuse
  • Criminal damage
  • Vandalism
  • Noise nuisance
  • Under-age drinking or smoking
  • Begging
  • Neighbour nuisance
  • Vehicle nuisance
  • Other

How to report antisocial behaviour

You can fill in our report antisocial behaviour form below and we will come back to you with how best we can help resolve the issue.

Report antisocial behaviour

Diary sheets

If you are being affected by antisocial behaviour, keep a diary of what is happening. Recording incidents can help to show patterns of behaviour. Make sure you record:

  • The day and time the behaviour took place
  • Where it happened
  • A description of the behaviour

You can download a pdf icon Antisocial behaviour diary sheet [116kb] template to help you.

The more evidence we have in your diary, the more chance something can be done.

Further information on reporting antisocial behaviour

You can get in touch with our community safety team using the contact details on the right of this page. You will also find helpful information on the Safer North Hampshire website.

For police information on antisocial behaviour, visit the Hampshire Constabulary - antisocial behaviour website. You can also report antisocial behaviour by calling 101.

If the problem relates to a licensed premises, please fill in one of our licensing report it forms using the links on this page.

Community Trigger

You can request the local Community Safety Partnership and other relevant partners review their response to complaints of antisocial behaviour. This is called a Community Trigger. 

You can read more about this on our Community Trigger page.

How we tackle antisocial behaviour

Acceptable Behaviour Contracts (ABCs)

An ABC is a voluntary signed agreement between the person in question and various members of the Community Safety Partnership including Rushmoor Borough Council, the police, registered social landlords and Hampshire County Council.

ABCs are designed to give those involved the chance to admit their actions, and realise the effects they have had on others.

These contracts explain that the bad behaviour must stop, and say what may happen if it doesn't. They aren't legally binding, but they can be referred to in court if the behaviour continues.

Criminal Behaviour Order (CBO)

A CBO is used against those committing serious antisocial behaviour and is aimed at tackling the most serious and persistent offenders. It can be applied for post-conviction in any criminal court. A CBO can include prohibitions for certain behaviours, as well as positive requirements.

There is a minimum two year term, and breaching a CBO is a criminal offence.

Section 30 dispersal orders

Groups can be forced to leave an area and not return if they are regularly loud, disruptive or destructive.

The area can be anything from the space around a cash dispenser to a whole neighbourhood, or even all of Rushmoor.

The people involved won't be able to return to the area for the length of time set out in the order, which could be months or years.

Did you find what you were looking for?Did you find what you were looking for?
    1. We use your views to improve our website. If you have a query about our services, please email

    1. We use your views to improve our website. If you have a query about our services, please email


A - Z of Council Services