How to recognise and treat damp and mould in your home.
Condensation happens when moisture from inside the house settles on cold surfaces. This can happen at any time of the year.
Causes of condensation
These are some of the common causes of condensation:
- Drying clothes indoors
How to reduce condensation
- Heat and ventilate rooms
- Close doors when cooking, bathing or drying washing indoors
- Use extractor fans if they are available
- Don't use portable gas or paraffin heaters
- Make sure tumble driers are properly vented
How to treat condensation mould growth
- Wipe away any visible condensation
- Wipe down surfaces with a fungicidal wash. Please make sure you follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully
- Wash or dry-clean clothes or soft furnishings affected by mould growth