You may be able to get help with your heating and other bills.
Help with your heating bills
If you're struggling to pay your energy bills, Citizens Advice Rushmoor can help with a grant of up to £147 from Hampshire's household support fund. Apply online or call 01252 513 051 to get a referral.
Help from your gas or electricity supplier
Some energy companies have support funds and hardship grants available for customers who are struggling.
If you're in debt to your energy supplier, you may be able to get a grant to help pay it off.
They can also offer you advice.
The following suppliers offer support schemes:
- British Gas – also open to non-British Gas customers
- Bulb Energy Fund
- EDF Energy
- Eon Next
- Octopus Energy
- Ovo Energy
- Scottish Power
- Shell Energy
- Winter fuel payment, including pensioner-cost-of-living payment
- Warm Home Discount Scheme - re-opens in November
- Cost of living payment - an extra payment if you are entitled to certain benefits or tax credits
- Energy support discount scheme - all households with an electricity supply should get this £400 discount automatically
- Cold weather payment - if you get certain benefits or support with mortgage interest, you may get an extra payment in cold weather. Re-opens in November
Help with your council tax bill and benefits
If you're on a low income, you may be able to get help with your council tax bill. To find out more, see our Council tax support pages.
Our Claiming support and benefits section has information on what benefits are available and how to claim them.
Help for veterans
The Royal British Legion offers means-tested grants of up to £200 a month for a year for veterans and their families.
The cost of living grants can help towards everyday essentials like kitchen appliances, clothes, and energy costs.
Help for parents
All schools in Aldershot and Farnborough have additional funding to support families in need. Please contact your local school.
Getting advice and support
There are lots of organisations that can help you with advice and support. Please see our Helpful advice and support page for more details.