You may be able to get help with your heating and other bills.

Help with your heating bills

Free energy advice telephone clinic

Confidential advice and support on how to help reduce your energy bills and use energy safely and efficiently in your home. Delivered by Citizens Advice Rushmoor on behalf of Prospect Estate Big Local (PEBL).

Wednesdays and Thursdays, 10am to 1.30pm.

If you can't access the clinic during these hours, please leave a message or send an email to arrange a call back.

Tel: 0808 175 3559


Help from your gas or electricity supplier

Some energy companies have support funds and hardship grants available for customers who are struggling.

If you're in debt to your energy supplier, you may be able to get a grant to help pay it off.

They can also offer you advice.

The following suppliers offer support schemes:

Government schemes

If you pay for your energy through someone else

You may get some of the support for this scheme, if you pay your energy costs through someone else. For example this could be that you pay for your energy through the manager of a park or mobile home.

The manager or landlord must pass on the benefit to you in a fair and reasonable way. This is called the ‘pass-through requirement’ for energy price support. Please see the government's guide to pass-through payments.

Alternative fuel payment

There is also a payment of £200 if you do not heat your home with gas, but use one of the following fuels:

  • Oil
  • Solid fuel
  • Biomass
  • Bottled gas

This scheme starts from 6 March. When you can apply, you should visit the government's web pages on alternative fuels for heating.

If you qualify for this payment, the government will share your payment details with us to confirm your home address and then make the payment.

Please visit the GOV.UK - Energy Bills Support Scheme discount web pages for more information about any of the above government schemes.

Help with your council tax bill and benefits

If you're on a low income, you may be able to get help with your council tax bill. To find out more, see our Council tax support pages

Our Claiming support and benefits section has information on what benefits are available and how to claim them.

Help for veterans

The Royal British Legion offers means-tested grants of up to £200 a month for a year for veterans and their families. 

The cost of living grants can help towards everyday essentials like kitchen appliances, clothes, and energy costs.

You can apply for a grant online or call 0808 802 8080.

Help for parents

All schools in Aldershot and Farnborough have additional funding to support families in need. Please contact your local school.

Making your home more energy efficient

There are a number of schemes and grants available to help make your home more energy efficient. For more details, visit:

The Energy Saving Trust also has quick tips to save energy at home and a guide to staying warm and saving money on its website.

Getting advice and support

There are lots of organisations that can help you with advice and support. Please see our Helpful advice and support page for more details.

Contact us

Scroll to the top of the page