How to make a complaint about a licensed premises such as a pub, club, late-night cafe or shop.

What to do if you are experiencing problems with a licensed premises

If you are experiencing problems with a licensed premises, we would recommend that first of all, you contact the licence holder or club secretary to see if  you can sort it out between you. It may also be beneficial to speak to your neighbours, and approach the business as a group if they are also experiencing problems.

Other enforcing agencies

If your problem is related to a technical issue, for example noise, contact one of the agencies listed on the useful licensing contacts page who can investigate your complaint.

Contact us

If the premises are already licensed, you can view the licence, which shows the permitted hours and activities that have been authorised, together with any conditions which must be complied with, on the current licences and applications page.

If you believe that the premises is not being run in accordance with the licence and its conditions, please contact us using the contact details on this page or use our report a problem with a licensed premises online form.

Please provide as much detail as possible about when the problems happen, as this will help us to make sure we carry out any compliance visits at the most relevant time.

Contact us

Scroll to the top of the page