How to register to vote if you live abroad.

If you are a British Citizen, but live outside the UK, you can still register to vote in Parliamentary elections and referendums.

As long as you were registered to vote as a resident in the UK (or deemed to have been resident in the UK, for example by being registered as a service voter) within the last 15 years, you can register to vote from overseas. If you were too young to register when you left the UK, your parent or guardian must have been registered.

Contact us

Elections and electoral registration

Scroll to the top of the page