You can apply for a residents' car park permit in some of our car parks.

We will issue you with a permit based on the amount of availability we have in the car park.

Annual cost of a car park permit

Car park Monday to Sunday for 12 months Night time only, Monday to Sunday (6pm to 9am) for 12 months
High Street multi-storey £696
or £348 for 6 months
Morris Road (Morris Road residents only) £108 Not available
Peabody Road £728 £273

Help using our parking permit account service

You will need:

  • An email address
  • Proof of your address, like a council tax bill, tenancy agreement or utility bill dated in the last three months
  • Your debit or credit card

If you do not have access to the internet at home and have no family, carers or friends that can help, there are local places available that can support you with online services, like your local library.

You can also call our customer services team on 01252 398 399 between 9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, and Friday 9am to 4.30pm.

The date your permit expires is shown on your online account.

We will email you to remind you that your permit is due for renewal at 28 days and then again at 7 days before your current permit is due to expire. It is your responsibility to make sure your permit is current.

You can renew using your online account. Click on view and renew permits, find the permit and follow the instructions. You will have to provide an up-to-date proof of address.

You can change your vehicle details on your online account.

You can change the vehicle registration as many times as you like. It is your responsibility to make sure your permit is registered with the correct registration number of the vehicle parked in the permit area.

You may cancel your parking permit at any time on your online account.

To do this, click the 'my permits' icon on the permit account home page, select the 'view summary' icon on the permit you want to cancel and select the 'request cancellation' icon. You will have to enter the reason for cancelling the permit and the date you want the permit to be cancelled from.

We will contact you if a refund is due for any full months not used.

If you move to another property in a residents' permit area, you will need to cancel your current permit(s) and apply for a new permit for your new address on your online account.

If you do not do this and the vehicle is not parked in the correct permit area, you might get a fine. 



Other parking permits

All residents' parking permits, including visitor parking vouchers, dispensation permits and parking for healthcare workers are managed by Hampshire County Council.

Please visit the parking pages on the Hampshire County Council website for more information.

Contact us

Scroll to the top of the page