How to pay or challenge a parking fine issued in one of our car parks.

We manage parking in our car parks, including ticket machines, car park permits and enforcement. If you get a parking fine in one of our car parks, you need to pay it to us.

Hampshire County Council manage all other types of parking in Aldershot and Farnborough. This includes on-street parking, parking restrictions and residents’ on-street parking areas.

Please visit the parking and traffic enforcement pages of Hampshire County Council's website for more information.

What to do if you receive a parking fine

If you do not comply with the terms and conditions for parking in our council-owned car parks or if you ignore the parking regulations (lines and signs), you may receive a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) - parking ticket - and need to pay a parking fine.

If you have received a PCN, you have 28 days to pay the fine starting from the date the PCN was issued. If you pay within 14 days of the date of issue, you will receive a 50% discount. After 14 days, the full amount is due. 

If you are sent the PCN by post, you will get a 50% discount if paid within 21 days of the notice being served.  

The easiest way to pay is online. If you do so, you will also be able to view the photographic evidence we have to support your PCN.

Pay your parking fine

You will need to provide:

  • Your vehicle registration number
  • The Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) number - you will find this on your parking fine or on our correspondence

Other ways to pay your parking fine

You can also pay your parking fine by telephone:

  • By calling our customer services team on 01252 398 399 (Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm, Friday 9am to 4.30pm)

To challenge a parking fine

You will need:

  • Your vehicle registration number
  • The Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) number - you will find this on your parking ticket or on our correspondence
  • Supporting documents such as a copy of your pay and display ticket, disabled blue badge, etc

You will be able to view evidence we have to support your PCN. If you decide to challenge the fine, you will need to provide your contact details and complete the form to explain the reasons why you are challenging it.

If we reject a challenge

If we reject a challenge, we decide in each case whether to extend the period which you may pay the discounted amount.

We aim to make a decision on your challenge within 10 working days. You can find more information about challenging a PCN in our Policy guidance for the enforcement of penalty charge notices.

If you don't pay a parking fine

If you do not pay the Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) or challenge it, we will contact the DVLA after 28 days for the registered keeper details of the vehicle.  A Notice to Owner letter will be sent to the registered keeper informing them of the PCN and how to pay or submit representations.

After 28 days if the PCN is not paid and representations are not received, the amount will increase and a Charge Certificate letter will be sent, giving the registered keeper a further 14 days to pay. If payment is not received, we will contact the Court to register the debt.  This is the final opportunity to make payment before the case is referred to the Enforcement Agents

For more information, please see Our approach to parking enforcement page.

Contact us

Scroll to the top of the page