If you are struggling to pay your council tax, we may be able to help you.

We have a small exceptional hardship fund, which we may be able to use to help you if you are suffering severe financial hardship.

As the fund is limited, we can only help you if there is money available.

How to apply to the exceptional hardship fund

To apply to the fund, you must already be receiving council tax support.

You need to complete an exceptional hardship claim form and provide the supporting information we ask for.

We will consider each application on its own merits, but as the fund is very limited, payments will only be made in exceptional circumstances.

We may give funds for a one off payment, an award for a short period until circumstances change, or for a full financial year.

You cannot make an application until you have received your bill.

Contact us

Scroll to the top of the page