Animal licensing

Find out about licences for boarding dogs or cats, selling animals as pets, breeding dogs, hiring out horses, exhibition of animals and zoos.

  • Boarding for dogs or cats

    Find out about licences for providing boarding for dogs or cats, including kennels, catteries, home boarding for dogs and day care for dogs.

  • Breeding dogs

    Find out about the licensing needed from us if you breed dogs.

  • Exhibition of animals

    Find out about licensing for keeping or training animals for exhibition.

  • Hiring out horses

    Find out about running a riding school - where you hire out a horse for riding or use them for riding instruction.

  • Selling animals as pets

    Find out about the licensing needed for selling animals as pets, including running a pet shop.

  • Zoo licence

    To open and run a zoo, you need a licence from us.


Environmental Health
Tel: 01252 398177
View full details


A - Z of Council Services