You can repay housing benefit overpayment in a variety of ways, including online.

If you are no longer receiving benefits from us, you will receive an overpayment invoice.

Please note: you must quote your invoice reference number on all payments.

Debit and credit card payments online

You can pay online with a debit or credit card using our online payment system


If you provide your email address, we will send you an automated receipt for your payment.  You can also print your receipt from the screen using the print button.

Debit and credit card payments by phone

  • Call our payment line on 01252 398373 (open 24 hrs)
  • Select Option 1
  • Select Option 4 for housing benefit overpayments
  • Key in your seven digit invoice number

If you need help in making your debit/credit card payment by phone, call us using the contact details on the right of this page and we will take your payment over the phone personally.

Paying by standing order

We can send you a form to fill in to have the money taken out of your bank account at weekly or monthly intervals. If you have online banking, you can arrange this direct with your bank. Our bank details are below.

Internet banking, telephone banking, BACS and other bank transfers

If your bank offers internet banking or telephone banking services with your account, you may use these services to pay your housing benefit invoice.

You should make payments to:

Lloyds Bank Plc
Sort code: 30-80-12
Account name: Rushmoor Borough Council
Bank account number:  13006860

Contact us

Scroll to the top of the page