Details about the chapel and the facilities available at the crematorium.
The chapel at our crematorium can accommodate all cultures, traditions and beliefs.
It holds up to 140 people and we can arrange it in a style that the family would like. There is seating for 80 people and chairs can be removed to accommodate wheelchairs if needed.
We can also show the service on a television screen in the waiting room if required.
With a picture window looking out over the crematorium grounds the chapel is peaceful and tranquil.
The length of each service is 30 minutes (if you require a longer service time this can be arranged subject to availability).
Music for the funeral
We use the Obitus music system, which has an extensive library, including hymns, classical and other popular tracks.
If you would like to use an organist, the funeral director can arrange this for you.
We have a wall-mounted television screen in the chapel, which can show visual tributes. There are 4 visual tribute options available:
- Halo photograph - a single photograph on show throughout the service - free of charge
- Simple slideshow - up to 25 photographs shown, without music, on a continuous loop throughout the service or shown once at a time of your choosing - £45
- Music slideshow - up to 25 photographs, set to music of your choice, played once at a time of your choosing - £70
- Family made video tribute - a home-made video to be played once, at a time of your choosing - £25
If you cannot attend a service
If family or friends are unable to attend the service, we have a webcam available. The service can be watched live and will be available for 28 days. It can also be downloaded. The cost is £49.
We provide an internet link and password details and up to 150 people can then view the service online.
Permission to use the webcam service must come from the person arranging the funeral. They will be given details of how to view the service and can pass the information to mourners who want to view online.
Copies of the service
A DVD/Blu-Ray/USB/Audio CD of the funeral service (with or without the visual tribute) is available for a cost of £55. Each additional copy costs £28.
A DVD/Blu-Ray/USB of just the music slideshow costs £25.
- Parking for 80 vehicles (including four disabled parking bays)
- Waiting room (with a vending machine for hot and cold drinks)
- Toilets (including accessible toilet with radar key access)
- Braille service books
- Hearing loop
- Access ramps
- Wheelchair (please arrange beforehand)
CCTV cameras in operation
Please be aware that the premises are under CCTV surveillance.
Cameras are recording 24 hours a day, seven days a week and record images of activities in the crematorium grounds and buildings.
We keep all recordings for 30 days, then automatically erase them. We may copy images onto a disc if they are part of an on-going investigation.
If you are attending a funeral
Your image may appear on a visual copy of the service. This may be on the password-protected webcast of the service or on a DVD/Blu-Ray/USB copy.
For more details, please contact our Bereavement Services team using the contact details below.