Find out more about the performance opportunities available.
Apply to perform in the town centre
We have 2 bookable locations which you can use from 9am to 6pm. Sometimes there may be other town centre events and markets scheduled, so it is important to pre-book to avoid disappointment.
To book a pitch, please contact our town centre management team, using the details below.
Advice for businesses and residents
We understand that for those living or working in the town centre, street entertainment can sometimes be a little intrusive or annoying.
Under the Noise and Statutory Nuisance Act 1993, we can deal with noise from equipment, such as amplifiers, as a statutory nuisance. If the noise is too loud and inappropriate, we have the power to take action against those creating the nuisance.
If you find you are being disturbed by street entertainers, either outside your place of work or where you live, please contact our pollution team using the contact details below.
Advice for street entertainers
Aldershot street entertainment code
- You can only pitch at one of the three agreed locations in Aldershot between 9am and 6pm
- You must keep the volume of your performance to a reasonable level so that local shops and businesses can continue without disruption
- Your performance must be appropriate for a family audience
- Your performance or equipment should not obstruct the flow of pedestrians on the pavement and you should make sure that there is access on the street at all times for emergency vehicles. If you know that your act is going to draw in the crowds, please tell us when booking your pitch, so that we can make sure that you are in the most suitable position
- Please do not use mains or generator power for amplification; please keep to small battery-powered amplification only. Please ensure that any equipment you are using is suitable for the circumstances, such as weather, and maintained in good condition
- Your pitch is for a maximum of two hours; please keep to this - this helps keep complaints from retailers to a minimum
- Please move on, or stop performing, if a police officer or a council officer asks you to do so
- Please do not use street furniture, such as lampposts or benches during your performance
- It is appropriate to collect contributions, but we do not allow buskers to sell or solicit contributions. If we find them doing so, we may prosecute under the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982