Positive Change campaign

We've been supporting a Positive Change campaign to help tackle town centre antisocial behaviour and begging.

Positive change poster Displays a larger version of this image in a new browser window Put your spare change into the right hands 

The Positive Change campaign aims to encourage people to donate to local charities, rather than giving cash to people who are begging on our streets.

In doing so, we want to help tackle negative behaviour and begging locally, but also bring about long-term change to the lives of people, previously associated with rough sleeping, who continue to socialise, drink and potentially commit antisocial behaviour in our town centres.

Supporting rough sleepers to help them off the streets

Currently, there are very few homeless people locally, as a result of the work of North Lane Lodge, a nine-bed hostel specifically for rough sleepers with complex needs, and the work of the Home Group housing association's street outreach team, which makes sure that individuals have access to the specialist support they need to help get them off the streets.

Tackling begging and negative behaviour

Despite the decrease in rough sleepers locally, the number of people begging is increasing and we have received complaints about antisocial behaviour in both Aldershot and Farnborough town centres.

Charities the campaign is supporting

The 'Positive Change' campaign supports three local charities:

  • Step by Step, the Aldershot charity, which works to empower young people and prevent homelessness
  • The Vine Centre in Aldershot, which provides a range of services to disadvantaged adults locally
  • The Society of St James, which manages the North Lane Lodge for rough sleepers with complex needs

How you can support the campaign

You can support the campaign by supporting the three charities directly: Step by Step, The Vine Centre, The Society of St James. We also have a collection box at the council offices in Farnborough.

Reporting antisocial behaviour

If you spot antisocial behaviour, you can report it to the police. In an emergency, call 999. For non-emergency reports, call 101.

You can find out more on the Safer North Hampshire website.

Reporting homeless people

If you see someone sleeping rough, you can report it on the StreetLink website and your report will come directly through to our housing team. 

Did you find what you were looking for?Did you find what you were looking for?
    1. We use your views to improve our website. If you have a query about our services, please email customerservices@rushmoor.gov.uk.

    1. We use your views to improve our website. If you have a query about our services, please email customerservices@rushmoor.gov.uk.


A - Z of Council Services