Advice and best practice for private owners of listed buildings, locally listed buildings and if you live in a conservation area.

Before you do any work to a building, you should always check to find out the level of protection or planning constraints on it.

You should always use a professional heritage consultant, who will be covered by public liability insurance and able to provide proof of professional identification and qualifications. You will find a directory of reputable heritage consultants on the Institute of Historic Building Conservation website and in the Conservation Directory. You can also contact The Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings for advice.

Information and guidance on listed buildings and conservation areas

Contact us

Scroll to the top of the page