Park bookings

Apply to use one of our parks or open spaces for your event.

Keeping your event safe during the pandemic

When you are organising an event, you need to make sure you protect the health and safety of your employees, the public and anyone else who may be affected by your activities.

You must show how you will comply with health and safety law and guidance by carrying out a health and safety risk assessment. Please see the guidance from the HSE - managing risks and risk assessment at work.

As part of this risk assessment you must consider the risks associated with the spread of Covid-19. Please read the Working safely during coronavirus (Covid-19) - GOV.UK web page for the latest guidance from government, following the changes from 19 July.

You can also see the HSE - guidance on Covid risk assessments for more information.

In some cases, where your event is more complex, has high visitor numbers or higher risk activities, it may be appropriate to include your risk assessment as part of an event management plan.

You may be asked to submit a copy of your plan and/or risk assessment in order for us to be sure that you are compliant with these requirements, therefore we would recommend that they are submitted as part of your application.

To allow suitable time for review of documents and any guidance you need to provide, we ask that wherever possible, plans and applications are submitted to us no later that 21 days before the event.

Apply to use one of our parks

Please use the button below, to let us know about your proposed event:

Apply to use one of our parks This link opens in a new browser window

Once you have filled in the form, we will look into your application and get back to you within two weeks. If there are additional licensing or health and safety requirements, we will let you know.

For most events, we don't charge you for using our parks, but we will let you know if there are likely to be any extra costs involved.

If your application is successful, we may need to see:

  • A copy of your public liability insurance to cover you for the event
  • A risk assessment for the park/open space you will be using
  • An event outline for the day

We may also require you to sign our parks licensing agreement, which covers any damage that may be caused to the park, as a result of your event taking place.

If you have any questions about booking one of our parks, please contact us using the details on this page.

Did you find what you were looking for?Did you find what you were looking for?
    1. We use your views to improve our website. If you have a query about our services, please email

    1. We use your views to improve our website. If you have a query about our services, please email


Park events
Tel: 01252 398762
View full details


A - Z of Council Services