Report a problem with a street trader

  1. Please complete this form to tell us about a problem with a street trader in Aldershot or Farnborough.

    You can find out more about street trading and licensing at

    If you would like help filling in the form, please contact our licensing team. Email or telephone 01252 398855.

  2. Privacy notice

    • Read about the information you send to us and what we will use it for
      • 1. Identity of the Data Controller and contact details

        Rushmoor Borough Council is the data controller for the personal information you provide on this form. You can contact the Council by phone on 01252 398855, via email to or by writing to us at Council Offices, Farnborough Road, Farnborough GU14 7JU. You can contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer at

      • 2. What we need your information for and the legal basis for it

        We need your personal information to process and investigate your [comments / concerns / enquiries / complaint] about a street trader / hawker and, where appropriate, to ensure compliance with related licensing laws. As one of the Council’s public tasks, undertaken in the public interest, it is necessary to use your personal information in this way to carry out our functions and responsibilities in accordance with these laws and the Council’s licensing policies.

      • 3. Use for any other purposes

        If we need to use your information for any other purpose, we will normally inform you before using it, unless we believe you know about the new purpose already or there are legal reasons that prevent us from telling you.

      • 4. Will you pass my information to anyone else?

        In order to provide our services, carry out our public tasks and to keep our records up to date we may share your information with those that help us advise on, investigate, determine, or otherwise have an interest in licensable activities this type. This may include the Council’s licensing officers, senior management, Licensing Committee (and/or Sub-Committee) together with other teams within the Council such as Environmental Health, Safety, Planning, Town Centre Management, Legal and Democratic Services etc. If you ask a Councillor for help we may also pass information to them and other services to enable them to help you.

        Where appropriate, some of your information may be published in the public domain as part of wider public consultation and/or hearing requirements to determine your concerns / complaint.

        We may also pass information about you to third parties where permitted or required by law to do so. This may include other local authorities and government departments or agencies carrying out their public tasks, such as Hampshire Highways, the Police authorities and UK Immigration Services.

      • 5. How we will store and look after your information

        Your data will be held electronically and will not be stored in a country outside the UK. Any paper records containing your personal information will be held securely in our filing systems and archives.

      • 6. How long we will retain your information

        We will keep your information on our records for the period specified within our retention guidelines, or as long as we are required to do by law, or in accordance with our operational requirements. For further information on our policy for retaining personal information, see our retention guidelines as published on Rushmoor Borough Council’s website.

      • 7. Your rights concerning your information

        The General Data Protection Regulation gives you a number of rights concerning your personal information. See the list below. Not all rights apply in every case – it will depend on the legal basis for collecting your information and how we use it.

        • The right to be informed
        • The right of access
        • The right to rectification
        • Rights related to automated decision making, including profiling
        • The right to restrict processing
        • The right to data portability
        • The right to object
        • The right to erasure

        Further details on these rights can be found on our website

      • 8. Right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office

        If you are not happy with the way the Council is handling your personal information you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. (ICO). You will find details of how to do so on the ICO website at or by phoning their helpline on 0303 123 1113.

      • 9. Why we need your information and the consequences of not providing it

        We need your information to respond to your [comments / concerns / enquiries / complaint] and to carry out our licensing functions and responsibilities in accordance with the law. If you do not provide it we may be unable to process any comments / enquiries / complaint you may make about any street trader / hawker or take any concerns you may have about their activities into account.

  3. Label
    1. About the street trader

    2. About you

    3. We will email to you a confirmation of what you sent to us.
    4. How would you like us to reply? *
  4. Sign up for news from the council
    1. Sign up for news from the council

      Occasionally, we'd like to send our residents information about the council and our services by email. You can also find out about council consultations.

      In addition, our Council Leader, Councillor David Clifford has his own email newsletter that you can sign up to receive.

    2. Would you like to sign up for this service?
    3. Where do you live?
    4. Are you a Rushmoor business?
    5. Where is your business?
    6. What would you like to sign up to?*
    7. Privacy notice

  6. SharePoint snippet

A - Z of Council Services