Submit an information request

  1. Please complete this form to submit a request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, or the Environmental Information Regulations 2004.

    You can visit our freedom of information web page for more information.

    If you would like help filling in the form, please contact or telephone 01252 398603.

    Privacy notice

    • Read about the information you send to us and what we will use it for
      • 1. Identity of the Data Controller and contact details

        Rushmoor Borough Council is the data controller for the personal information you provide when making a request for information. You can contact the Council by phone on 01252 398222, via email to or by writing to us at Council Offices, Farnborough Road, Farnborough GU14 7JU. You can contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer at

      • 2. What we need your information for and the legal basis for it

        We need your personal information to enable us to deal with requests made under the Freedom of Information Act, Environmental Information Regulations or similar legislation. The law allows us to use your personal information in this way as we have a legal obligation to reply to requests on and it is also one of the Council’s public tasks.

      • 3. Use for any other purposes

        If we need to use your information for any other purpose, we will normally inform you before using it, unless we believe you know about the new purpose already or there are legal reasons that prevent us from telling you.

      • 4. Will you pass my information to anyone else?

        In dealing with your request, we may need to share your personal details with other teams within the Council in order to locate relevant information, and to enable them to contact you if necessary and to reply to you. The teams we need to contact will depend on the type of information you are asking for.

        The teams within the Council include our corporate management team, corporate projects, economic development, HR, community development, contract management, leisure projects, bereavement services, community health, regeneration, Alderwood leisure centre, parks and grounds maintenance, contract management - refuse and recycling, traffic management, parking, community safety, Princes Hall theatre and cultural services, communications, customer services, elections and electoral registration, strategy, performance and partnerships, environmental control and pollution, food / health and safety, licensing, private sector housing, housing strategy and enabling, housing advice, investigations team, accountancy, audit, payments, benefits, and local taxation, IT, facilities, print services, legal services, land charges, building and estates services, procurement, planning policy, conservation, development management and building control.

        If you ask a Councillor for help we may pass information to them and other services to enable them to help you.

        We may also pass information about you to third parties where permitted or required by law to do so. This may include other local authorities and government departments or agencies carrying out their public tasks.

      • 5. How we will store and look after your information

        Your data may be held both in paper form and electronically. All paper records are held securely in our filing systems and archives and no electronic records are stored in a country outside the UK.

      • 6. How long we will retain your information

        We will keep your details in accordance with our retention guidelines as published on our website.

      • 7. Your rights concerning your information

        The General Data Protection Regulation gives you a number of rights concerning your personal information. See the list below. Not all rights apply in every case – it will depend on the legal basis for collecting your information and how we use it.

        • The right to be informed
        • The right of access
        • The right to rectification
        • Rights related to automated decision making, including profiling
        • The right to restrict processing
        • The right to data portability
        • The right to object
        • The right to erasure

        Further details on these rights can be found on our website

      • 8. Right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office

        If you are not happy with the way the Council is handling your personal information you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. (ICO). You will find details of how to do so on the ICO website at or by phoning their helpline on 0303 123 1113.

      • 9. Why we need your information and the consequences of not providing it

        We need your information in order to process your request for Information. If you do not provide it we will not be able to contact you if we need to clarify your request, ask for payment or enter into correspondence with you. You may also be unable to appeal to the ICO in respect of the Council’s handling of your request.

    1. Your details

    2. You must enter either an email address or postal address, so that we can contact you.

    3. Your request

      Please give details of the information you are requesting, quoting any references which may help us to locate it.

  2. Sign up for news from the council
    1. Sign up for news from the council

      Occasionally, we'd like to send our residents information about the council and our services by email. You can also find out about council consultations.

      In addition, our Council Leader, Councillor David Clifford has his own email newsletter that you can sign up to receive.

    2. Would you like to sign up for this service?
    3. Where do you live?
    4. Are you a Rushmoor business?
    5. Where is your business?
    6. What would you like to sign up to?*
    7. Privacy notice

  4. SharePoint snippet

A - Z of Council Services