One You Wellbeing Festival
With our partners we're organising a special wellbeing day and two-week festival from 8 to 21 May.
The festival is a celebration of the small changes you can make to help you feel good and improve your health.
Taking place from Monday 8 May to Sunday 21 May, there will be lots of free, discounted and low-cost physical activity sessions happening across Rushmoor, Hart and Waverley.
Being active is a great way to get more out of life and feel good, but most of us are not getting the right amount of activity that we need to stay healthy. There are lots of ways you can get moving and finding an activity you enjoy means you're more likely to stick with it.
This festival, is part of the national One You campaign. More than one million people have already started their journey to a happier, healthier life. It's never too late to join them. Take the free One You health quiz to get personalised recommendations on how to start the journey to a healthier you. Check out your score and see what tools it suggests to help you change.
Please share this page and encourage family and friends to get involved.
One You Wellbeing Day
Join us on Sunday 7 May for a free event at the Aldershot Garrison Sports Centre from 11am to 3pm.
It's a great place to get tips and advice on how to get healthier - all under one roof! Talk to local organisations that can help you improve your health and wellbeing, get fitter or lose weight. Get tips on how to eat well, more move, relax, de-stress, stop smoking and more. If you are aged between 40 and 74, pop by for a free health check.
There's no need to book. This is a free fun event for all ages.
Booking activity sessions
Some activity sessions will need to be booked in advance.
We will be updating this page with details of Rushmoor's events and bookable sessions.
When booking sessions please quote 'wellbeing festival'.
- TB Runners are holding free taster sessions throughout May for women, both beginners and improvers. The group meets on a Thursday evening at Farnborough Business Park. For more details please contact email@example.com
- 'Ski and Tea' at Alpine Snowsports, Aldershot. Most Mondays,10.30am to 2.30pm and Wednesdays, 12.30pm to 2.30pm. Advice from instructors and practice time, followed by socialising. Booking essential please contact Alpine Snowsports.
- Kayak racing courses with the Basingstoke Canal Canoe Club. Weekend course starting on May 6. Also in June and July. For more details please see the relevant Basingstoke Canal Canoe Club web page
- Couch to 5k beginners' ten-week running course, starting 6 and 8 May. To book please visit the Farnborough Flyers Running Group web page
- Farnborough Volleyball Club is offering two free taster sessions at 7pm on 10 and 17 May at Aldershot Garrision Sports Centre for anyone aged 15 and over. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Hockey sessions (for ladies and men), Thursdays 8pm - 9pm, starting 11 May and running to 15 June, Army Hockey Centre, Princes Avenue, Aldershot. First week free and then £10 all in for other five weeks
- Free women-only bike confidence classes at Connaught Leisure Centre, Aldershot, 14 and 21 May, 10am to midday.To book, go to the Let's Ride - Breeze web page
- Rushmoor parkrun, Queen's Avenue polo fields - 13 and 20 May from 9am
- Try your hand at tennis at Farnborough Tennis Club. All ages and abilities, 10am to11.30am on 14, 21 and 28 May. No charge and club members will be on hand. Contact Farnborough Tennis Club
- Breeze bike ride for ladies - Saturday 27 May, 9am from Farnborough Library
Rushmoor Healthy Living (RHL) is running low cost health and wellbeing activities during May which includes classes for:
- Cardiac rehabilitation - Monday and Wednesday
- Pumlnonary maintenance - Monday and Wednesday
- Health circuit - Monday
- Cancer rehabilitation - Monday and Wednesday
- Pilates - Tuesday and Wednesday and Friday
- Seated pilates - Tuesday and Wednesday
- Steady and strong - Wednesday
- Seated exercise - Thursday
- Move it or lose it - low impact aerobics - Friday
Venues are in Aldershot, Farnborough and Blackwater.
RHL is also organising classes with Nepali-speaking instructors in May:
- Social group - Mayfield Community Centre, Farnborough - 11am to 2pm, Thursdays
- Yoga - Prospect Community Centre - 10am to midday, Mondays
- Diabetes group - Prospect Community Centre, Farnborough - 10am to midday, 1 May
- Cancer support group - Prospect Community Centre - 10am to midday, 8 May
- Zumba- Princes Hall, Aldershot - 9.30am to10.30am, Mondays
- Active social - Church of the Good Shepherd, Farnborough, 2pm to 4pm, Tuesdays
For more information on any of these activities please contact email@example.com
If you need more information, please get in touch using the contact details on this page.
Many of the activities on offer during the two weeks are organised and led by local leisure centres, instructors and groups. We're grateful to all of the groups, individuals, services and organisations who are getting involved and helping to make it happen. We are working together with the North East Hampshire and Farnham Clinical Commissioning Group, Hart District Council and Waverley Borough Council to bring these events and activities under the umbrella of the Festival.
The council is not the agent of the business(es) mentioned and makes no claims as to the capabilities of those service providers. You should make your own enquiries by checking on membership of trade associations and other relevant bodies and where applicable on adequate insurance cover.