- You are in Community and Leisure
- Leisure facilities
- Farnborough Leisure Centre and Farnborough Bowl
- Aldershot Pools
- Aldershot Lido
- Southwood Golf Course
- Alpine Snowsports Centre
- Connaught Leisure Centre
- Football and cricket pitches
- Runway's End Outdoor Centre
- Samuel Cody Specialist Sports College
- Fernhill School Sports Hall
- Aldershot Garrison Sports Centre
- Leisure facilities - what we do
- Wavell Campus Leisure
- Leisure facilities
Aldershot Lido opens for the summer on Saturday 28 May.
Aldershot Lido summer season 2016
- Opens Saturday 28 May - open daily for school half-term week
- Open weekends in June
- Open daily from Friday 1 July until Sunday 4 September
- Three water flumes*
- Diving platform*
- Toddler paddling pool and sandpit
- Water fountain feature
- Picnic area set in nine acres**
- Hot and cold food
- Swimming accessory shop
*Water slides and diving board are open, subject to availability. Over-eights and height restrictions apply.
Children under eight must be supervised in the water, changing room and grounds by a parent or adult (18-plus). Maximum of two under-eights are allowed for each parent/adult. This is a recommendation of the Health and Safety Executive.
**(Own picnic food allowed. No barbecues and alcohol).
Free parking is available.
Getting to the Lido by public transport
The nearest railway station is Aldershot railway station, Station Road, Aldershot GU11 1HN.
From here you can catch the number 15 bus, get off at The Heron bus stop in Church Road and walk approximately eight minutes to the Aldershot Pools complex. The complex is signed from Lower Farnham Road.
Places for People Leisure manages the lido on our behalf. For more information, please visit the Places for People website.
Future options for Aldershot Lido
Our proposals for a splash pad and adventure golf park are on hold at the moment as we work with the Friends of Aldershot Lido (FOAL) and the operator, Places for People Leisure, to improve the existing offer.
Our leisure management contracts expire in January 2019 and it is likely that we will decide the future of the Lido during the procurement process and following feedback from a 'soft market testing' exercise which we hope to carry out over this summer.