Aldershot Urban Extension - supplementary planning document

As part of the Rushmoor Plan, we have produced a supplementary planning document (SPD) for the Aldershot urban extension.

We produced this document in conjunction with English Partnerships and adopted it in March 2009.

The release of the army land for private redevelopment means that Aldershot is growing significantly for the first time in nearly a century. This supplementary planning document provided a framework to guide the grant of planning permission for up to 3,850 new homes and supporting infrastructure.

The site is on land immediately north of the town centre and extends to approximately 148 hectares. It is mainly barrack and ancillary accommodation, much of which was built in the 1960s. Although most of the buildings were not worthy of retention, there are a number of listed buildings on the site, including the former Cambridge Military Hospital, which dates back to 1879.  The re-use of, or proposals for the re-use of, the listed buildings on the site are well advanced.

There will continue to be a military presence at Lille, Hammersley, Normandy, Mons and the enlarged St Omer Barracks, as well as at other sites, such as the Army School of Physical Training, HQ buildings and the sports facilities.

 

Help with PDF documents

Contacts

Planning policy
plan@rushmoor.gov.uk
Tel: 01252 398789
View full details

 

A - Z of Council Services