- You are in Business and Licensing
- Licensing and registration
- Alcohol, entertainments and late night refreshment licensing
- Taxi licensing
- Gambling, gaming and lottery licensing
- Charitable collections
- Hair and beauty registration
- Food business registration
- Animal licensing
- Street trading
- Sex shops
- Other licences
- Tables and chairs on the highway
- Licensing news
- Street entertainment in Aldershot
- Licensing and registration
Camping and caravan site licence
To set up a caravan or camping site in Rushmoor, the owner of the land must hold a caravan and camping site licence.
The Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 regulates this licence.
How to apply for a camping and caravan site licence
You can apply online for a licence using the GOV.UK website.
If you prefer you can download the application form for a caravan site licence [10kb].
A site plan (at 1:500 scale) showing the layout of roads, caravans and facilities must be submitted with your application.
There are conditions attached to any licence we may give:
- The type of caravan, for example, residential, static, holiday or touring
- The number of caravans per acre or hectare and the spacing between them
- The water supply and drainage for the caravans, such as lavatory and washing facilities
- Fire precautions and electrical installations
We will not issue a caravan or camping site licence if:
- The land does not have planning permission for use as a caravan or camping site
- Planning permission will expire within six months of the licence application
- The applicant has had a site licence revoked within the last three years
Cost of a licence
Please contact us using the details on this page.
Inspections and assessment
Once you apply, we will contact you and arrange to visit and inspect the proposed caravan site. We will also discuss your proposed application with the fire authority.
We will re-inspect the site annually after we approve the licence.
What happens after you apply for a licence
We aim to respond to your application within three working days.
If you already have planning permission, we must issue the site licence within two months of your application - or ask for more information if we need it.
Don't assume your licence has been granted if you don't hear from us for a while.
We may alter, cancel or make new conditions at any time, we will inform you of this, and give you the chance to challenge any decisions.
If we refuse your application
Contact us - we may be able to help.
If we refuse your licence, or you want to appeal against a condition, you can go to the magistrates' court.
How to renew your licence
The licence does not run out, unless planning permission for the site expires. In this case, the licence runs out when the planning permission runs out.
How to tell us of changes
You can tell us of changes online for a licence using the GOV.UK website.
To do this you will need to use Adobe Reader 8.1 or above. Download the latest version of Adobe Reader.
If you have a complaint against a trader, we advise you contact them by letter (with proof of delivery).
If that fails and you are in the UK, the Citizens Advice will give you advice.
For outside the UK, contact the UK European Consumer Centre.
If you have concerns about a caravan site, please contact our Pollution Team.
Mobile home park sites Rushmoor
You can view a list of local mobile home sites on our Mobile home park sites in Rushmoor page.